Their new path to power in the Republican Party is to join the Democratic Party.
For a group dedicated to principle, this development is radically different from their founding doctrine. In 2009, they wanted to restore the Constitution and limit government. It seems their 2015 doctrine is to elect big-government Democrats and raise money. Sounds very establishment if you ask me.
Here’s their plan:
- Continue to primary sitting Republicans
- Unite the various Tea Party groups
- Find candidates to run as Independents to pull votes from both Democrats and Republicans
- Identify swing districts and support the Democratic candidate
- Inflict pain on Republican leadership
- Start a PAC
In theory, their support of Democrats will take the Republican Party back into the minority. After a term in the minority, the Tea Party will back conservative Republican candidates to replace the Democrats they had just elected and return the Republican Party back to the majority.
This, my friends, is their pathway to power. Check out their battle plan in full.
Peach Pundit/GA Politics